You will be provided with formative feedback and summative assessments as detailed below:
- Formative Feedback will be provided throughout the module through the use of self-assessment questions and Case Studies, both of which will have outline solutions developed by the module leader which will enable you to self-assess your progress and understanding.
Appropriate feedback will be available automatically and immediately the assessment is completed; this has been shown to influence the students’ approach to learning in a positive way (JISC, 2010).
- Reflective Exercises within each module will enable you to apply the theory to your own practice – this is not evaluated, but will support your personal and professional development. These will be compiled into your Personal Portfolio.
Summative assessment will be provided throughout the module in the form of one component – two elements, as below:
- 1End of Unit progress test: 10 Academic units with online questions at the end of each unit – this will test your knowledge and understanding of the key concepts within each unit and will count as 10% of final module mark.
- 2End of Module Assessment: 90% of final module mark.
- 3Assessments will be undertaken online and will be as described in the approved module descriptors.
- 4As part of the quality assurance process, module leaders will sample a number of summative assessments and portfolios as a check that the work submitted/undertaken is that of the matriculated student.
- 5You are advised that if there is any question regarding the authorship of your submitted assessment that Edinburgh Napier University has the right to require you to undertake an online viva.